Call me The Philosopher Queen
You know how every once in a while, a song comes along that resonates with you at a level so intense, it's almost perverse? A song that really, really speaks to you? A song that, for whatever reason, pierces your heart, your gut, your memory, your tear glands, your libido and wherever else emotions are supposed to resonate?
Well, for me, here's one such song. It's called "Give Back the Love" by The Philosopher Kings. An "introspective look at past relationships," as a music critic describes it. Mature and introspective: that's how I would sum up the song indeed. I just love, love, love the lyrics (listen below); they articulate some of the things I feel but can't quite say out loud. The melodic sound is groovy, intimate and soulful, it's delicious to the ears! Overall, such a tender and honest song. And guess what, I love it! It hurts me to listen to it, but dammit, I love it.
(Speaking of loving what hurts, you do know about my mildly sadistic hobby, right?)
Anyways, here's how it sounds. Sorry, it's not really a music video (it's the only one I could find on YouTube). None the matter though, cuz it's the music itself that I want to share with you, not the image.
I repeat: I love the damned song. If you make fun of it in any way, I'll hunt you down (think Mel Gibson's Apocalypto).
Thing above not loading properly? Try this one.






No comments:
Post a Comment