Elusive Thoughts
Too busy to blog.
I'm betting that's the most frequent / popular excuse for not blogging frequently enough (as if people care whether you're blogging or not). In my case these days though, I think my delinquent blogging calendar has more to do with the overwhelming, unspeakable emotions I've been feeling lately.
You know what I'm talking about -- many times I think and feel things that are very difficult to articulate in words. Words are a great way to express oneself, of course, but too often reality and experience seem to elude any proper name. Too many experiential things fall through the cracks of formal language, in to the "gray areas," and left to lurk in the shadows of common knowledge. The unnamed just sits there quietly in the shadows; it's sinister, it's hissy, it's bothersome, it's psychotic.
English translation of the previous paragraph: Too often it can be difficult to put thoughts and emotions into words. Some things are just unspeakable, unnamed, unrecognized, un-wordy. And that's tough, especially when you're trying to unleash your inner demons.
That's why it's hard for me to blog sometimes. Some days I just couldn't find a way to express my thoughts in words.
Paradoxically, that's also why I continue to blog. It helps me find a way to express myself, albeit incompletely. It helps ease the burden of not knowing how to articulate something so, so, so consuming.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image: Pensive (source)
(Entry originally posted July 2006 under a different blog by the same blogger.)






No comments:
Post a Comment